10. World Health Organization. Management of
substance abuse [Online]. [cited 2019 Jan 25]; Available from: URL:
11. Sporer KA, Kral AH. Prescription naloxone: A novel approach to heroin overdose prevention. Ann Emerg Med 2007; 49(2): 172-7.
12. Shahbazi F, Mirtorabi SD, Ghadirzadeh MR, Hashemi-Nazari SS, Barzegar A. Characterizing mortality from substance abuse in Iran: An epidemiological study during March 2014 to February 2015. Addict Health 2017; 9(3): 166-74.
13. Day C, Nassirimanesh B, Shakeshaft A, Dolan K. Patterns of drug use among a sample of drug users and injecting drug users attending a General Practice in Iran. Harm Reduct J 2006; 3: 2.
14. Karbakhsh M, Salehian ZN. Acute opiate overdose in Tehran: The forgotten role of opium. Addict Behav 2007; 32(9): 1835-42.
15. Fattore L, Altea S, Fratta W. Sex differences in drug addiction: A review of animal and human studies. Womens Health (Lond) 2008; 4: 51-65.
16. Gfroerer JC, Greenblatt JC, Wright DA. Substance use in the US college-age population: differences according to educational status and living arrangement. Am J Public Health 1997; 87(1): 62-5.
17. Dong KA. Characterizing opioid overdoses in Alberta [PhD Thesis]. Edmonton, AB, Canada: University of Alberta; 2007.
18. Wang C. Mortality study of injection drug users in ALIVE (AIDS linked intravenous experience) cohort [PhD Thesis]. Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University; 2004.
19. Darvishi N, Farhadi M, Haghtalab T, Poorolajal J. Alcohol-related risk of suicidal ideation, suicide attempt, and completed suicide: A meta-analysis. PLoS One 2015; 10(5): e0126870.
20. Henderson DJ. Drug abuse and incarcerated women. A research review. J Subst Abuse Treat 1998; 15(6):
21. Poorolajal J, Haghtalab T, Farhadi M, Darvishi N. Substance use disorder and risk of suicidal ideation, suicide attempt and suicide death: A meta-analysis. J Public Health (Oxf) 2016; 38(3): e282-e291.
22. Brehm Christensen P, Hammerby E, Smith E, Bird SM. Mortality among Danish drug users released from prison. Int J Prison Health 2006; 2(1): 13-9.
23. Scott KM, Wells JE, Angermeyer M, Brugha TS, Bromet E, Demyttenaere K, et al. Gender and the relationship between marital status and first onset of mood, anxiety and substance use disorders. Psychol Med 2010; 40(9): 1495-505.
24. Valois RF, Dunham ACA, Jackson KL, Waller J. Association between employment and substance abuse behaviors among public high school
adolescents. J Adolesc Health 1999; 25(4): 256-63.
25. Taremian F, Bolhari J, Peyravi H, Asgari A. Drug use prevalence among students of universities of medical sciences in Tehran. Research on Addiction 2014; 7(28): 9-21. [In Persian].
26. Huggins DG, McBride J, Mellor KR. Typodont technique. Orthodontist 1972; 4(2): 78-83.
27. Scherrer JF, Xian H, Pan H, Pergadia ML, Madden PA, Grant JD, et al. Parent, sibling and peer influences on smoking initiation, regular smoking and nicotine dependence. Results from a genetically informative design. Addict Behav 2012; 37(3): 240-7.
28. Dietze P, Cantwell K, Burgess S. Bystander resuscitation attempts at heroin overdose: does it improve outcomes? Drug Alcohol Depend 2002; 67(2): 213-8.