Vanderschuren LJ, Ahmed SH. Animal studies of
addictive behavior. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med
2013; 3(4): a011932.
2. Perfas FB. Therapeutic community: A practice
guide. New York, NY: iUniverse; 2003.
3. McKay JR, Franklin TR, Patapis N, Lynch KG.
Conceptual, methodological, and analytical issues in
the study of relapse. Clin Psychol Rev 2006; 26(2):
4. Pourafkari N. Comperhensive dictionary of
psychology and psychiatry. Tehran, Iran: Farhang-e
Moaser Publications; 2006. [In Persian].
Commented [E3]: What were most effective?
Commented [E4]: What does it refer to??
Residential and Therapeutic Community Centers Amani et al.
Addict Health, Winter 2019; Vol 11, No 1 49
http://ahj.kmu.ac.ir, 05 January
5. De Leo D, Heller TS. Who are the kids who selfharm? An Australian self-report school survey. Med
J Aust 2004; 181(3): 140-4.
6. Butler LS, McPherson PM. Is residential treatment
misunderstood? J Child Fam Stud 2007; 16(4):
7. Bates BC, English DJ, Kouidou-Giles S. Residential
treatment and its alternatives: A review of the
literature. Child Youth Care Forum 1997; 26(1):
8. Welfare Organization Assistant in Prevention and
Treatment of Addiction. Specific protocol of recovery
and rehabilitation in substance abuse disorder: Model
of residential based on abstinence. Tehran, Iran: Iran
Welfare Organization; 2015. [In Persian].
9. Tims FM, Jainchill N, De Leon G. Therapeutic
communities and treatment research. NIDA Res
Monogr 1994; 144: 1-15.
10. Sadrosadat SJ, Mohammadi-Rostam Kalateh Z,
Keldi A. A study on the association between
therapeutic community program and social
relationship of previously addicated persons. J Rehab
2005; 6(3): 10-3. [In Persian].
11. Yarmohammadi Vasel M. The efficacy of
therapeutic community on life skills improvement
and reduction of relapse in male addicts. J Kerman
Univ Med Sci 2011; 18(4): 358-68. [In Persian].
12. Shahmohammadi A, Kheyrabadi G. The
effectiveness of therapeutic community on
increasing hope level of the addicted clients of these
centres. Research on Addiction 2011; 5(19): 71-85.
13. Edelen MO, Tucker JS, Wenzel SL, Paddock SM,
Ebener P, Dahl J, et al. Treatment process in the
therapeutic community: Associations with retention
and outcomes among adolescent residential clients. J
Subst Abuse Treat 2007; 32(4): 415-21.
14. Szalay L. Socialization into the therapeutic
community culture. NIDA Res Monogr 1994; 144:
15. Sacks S, Chaple M, Sacks JY, McKendrick K,
Cleland CM. Randomized trial of a reentry modified
therapeutic community for offenders with cooccurring disorders: Crime outcomes. J Subst Abuse
Treat 2012; 42(3): 247-59.
16. Welsh WN. A multisite evaluation of prison-based
therapeutic community drug treatment. Crim Justice
Behav 2007; 34(11): 1481-98.
17. Sullivan CJ, McKendrick K, Sacks S, Banks S.
Modified therapeutic community treatment for
offenders with MICA disorders: substance use
outcomes. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2007; 33(6):
18. Prendergast ML, Hall EA, Wexler HK, Melnick G,
Cao Y. Amity prison-based therapeutic community:
5-year outcomes. Prison J 2004; 84(1): 36-60.
19. Condelli WS, Hubbard RL. Client outcomes from
therapeutic communities. NIDA Res Monogr 1994;
20. Kelly JF, Hoeppner BB, Urbanoski KA, Slaymaker
V. Predicting relapse among young adults:
Psychometric validation of the Advanced WArning
of RElapse (AWARE) scale. Addict Behav 2011;
21. Sayed Alitabar SH, Habibi M, Falahatpisheh M,
Arvin M. Reliability, validity and factor structure of
Drug Abuse Screening Test. Community Health
2016; 2(4): 246-55. [In Persian].
22. Sansone RA, Wiederman MW, Sansone LA. The
Self-Harm Inventory (SHI): development of a scale
for identifying self-destructive behaviors and
borderline personality disorder. J Clin Psychol 1998;
23. Tahbaz Hoseinzadeh S, Ghorbani N, Nabavi SM.
Comparison of self-destructive tendencies and
integrative self-knowledge among multiple sclerosis
and healthy people. Contemporary Psychology 2011;
6(2): 35-44. [In Persian].
24. Vanderplasschen W, Colpaert K, Autrique M,
Charles R, Pearce S, Broekaert E, et al. Therapeutic
communities for addictions: a review of their
effectiveness from a recovery-oriented perspective.
Scientific World Journal 2013; 2013: 427817.
25. Gorski TT. The Cenaps model of relapse prevention:
Basic principles and procedures. J Psychoactive
Drugs 1990; 22(2): 125-33.