1. United National Office on Drag and Crime. World drug report 2010 [Online]. [cited 2010]; Available from: URL: https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/WDR-2010.html
2. Najafipour H, Masoomi M, Shahesmaeili A, Haghdoost AA, Afshari M, Nasri HR, et al. Effects of opium consumption on coronary artery disease risk factors and oral health: Results of Kerman Coronary Artery Disease Risk factors Study a population-based survey on 5900 subjects aged 15-75 years. Int J Prev Med 2015; 6: 42.
3. Nabipour S, Ayu Said M, Hussain Habil M. Burden and nutritional deficiencies in opiate addiction- systematic review article. Iran J Public Health 2014; 43(8): 1022-32.
4. Nazrul Islam SK, Jahangir Hossain K, Ahmed A, Ahsan M. Nutritional status of drug addicts undergoing detoxification: Prevalence of malnutrition and influence of illicit drugs and lifestyle. Br J Nutr 2002; 88(5): 507-13.
5. Cunningham PM. The use of sobriety nutritional therapy in the treatment of opioid addiction. J Addict Res Ther 2016; 7: 282.
6. Ghane T, Zamani N, Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Beyrami A, Noroozi A. Lead poisoning outbreak among opium users in the Islamic Republic of Iran, 2016-2017. Bull World Health Organ 2018; 96(3): 165-72.
7. Morabia A, Fabre J, Chee E, Zeger S, Orsat E, Robert A. Diet and opiate addiction: A quantitative assessment of the diet of non-institutionalized opiate addicts. Br J Addict 1989; 84(2): 173-80.
8. Masoomi M, Azdaki N, Shahouzehi B. Elevated plasma homocysteine concentration in opium-addicted individuals. Addict Health 2015; 7(3-4): 149-56.
9. Najafi M, Sheikhvatan M. Plausible impact of dietary habits on reduced blood sugar in diabetic opium addicts with coronary artery disease. Int Cardiovasc Res J 2012; 6(3): 75-8.
10. Estevez JF, Estevez FD, Calzadilla CH, Rodriguez EM, Romero CD, Serra-Majem L. Biochemical and haematological differentiation of opiate addicts from healthy subjects. A case control study. J Appl Biomed 2005; 3: 37-46.
11. Diaz-Flores Estevez JF, Diaz-Flores EF, Hernandez CC, Rodriguez Rodriguez EM, Diaz RC, Serra-Majem L. Application of linear discriminant analysis to the biochemical and haematological differentiation of opiate addicts from healthy subjects: A case-control study. Eur J Clin Nutr 2004; 58(3): 449-55.
12. Masoomi M, Ramezani MA, Karimzadeh H. The relationship of opium addiction with coronary artery
disease. Int J Prev Med 2010; 1(3): 182-6.
13. Ebrahimi M, Kazemi-Bajestani SM, Ghayour-Mobarhan M, Ferns GA. Coronary artery disease and its risk factors status in Iran: A review. Iran Red Crescent Med J 2011; 13(9): 610-23.
14. Shane B. Folate and vitamin B12 metabolism: Overview and interaction with riboflavin, vitamin B6, and polymorphisms. Food Nutr Bull 2008; 29(2 Suppl): S5-16.
15. McEligot AJ, Rock CL, Gilpin EA, Pierce JP. Responsiveness of homocysteine concentrations to food and supplemental folate intakes in smokers and never-smokers enrolled in a diet intervention trial. Nicotine Tob Res 2006; 8(1): 57-66.
16. Gauthier GM, Keevil JG, McBride PE. The association of homocysteine and coronary artery disease. Clin Cardiol 2003; 26(12): 563-8.
17. Nusier MK, El-Dwairi A. Effects of vitamin B12 and folic acid on hyperhomocysteinemia in patients with acute myocardial infarction. J Health Sci 2007; 53(1): 16-22.
18. Jacobsen DW. Homocysteine and vitamins in cardiovascular disease. Clin Chem 1998; 44(8 Pt 2): 1833-43.
19. Masoomi M, Bahrampour A, Mireskandri M, Nematolahi A. Plasma homocysteine concentrations in young patients with acute myocardial infarction. ARYA Atheroscler 2007; 2(4): 193-6.
20. Najafipour H, Afshari M, Rostamzadeh F. Prevalence of multiple coronary artery disease risk factors in Kerman: A population-based study in southeast Iran. Iran J Med Sci 2018; 43(2): 140-9.
21. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-IV-TR. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
22. Lonn E, Yusuf S, Arnold MJ, Sheridan P, Pogue J, Micks M, et al. Homocysteine lowering with folic acid and B vitamins in vascular disease. N Engl J Med 2006; 354(15): 1567-77.
23. Taylor BV, Oudit GY, Evans M. Homocysteine, vitamins, and coronary artery disease. Comprehensive review of the literature. Can Fam Physician 2000; 46: 2236-45.
24. Afarinesh MR, Haghpanah T, Divsalar K, Dehyadegary E, Shaikh-Aleslami A, Mahmoodi M. Changes in serum biochemical factors associated with opium addiction after addiction desertion. Addict Health 2014; 6(3-4): 138-45.
25. Shahouzehi B, Shokoohi M, Najafipour H. The effect of opium addiction on serum adiponectin and leptin levels in male subjects: A case control study from Kerman Coronary Artery Disease Risk Factors