Document Type : Letter(s) to Editor
Community Medicine Specialist, Hearing Disorders Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Professor, Hearing Disorders Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Hearing Disorders Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Global overview of drug demand and supply, World Drug Report 2017. Vienna, Austria: United Nations Publication; 2017.
- Benyamin R, Trescot AM, Datta S, Buenaventura R, Adlaka R, Sehgal N, et al. Opioid complications and side effects. Pain Physician 2008; 11(2 Suppl): S105-S120.
- Nguyen KD, Lopez I, Ishiyama G, Ishiyama A. Review of opioid-associated hearing loss and possible mechanism of opioid-mediated endothelin-1-dependent cochlear vasoconstriction. J Otol Rhinol 2014; 3: 2.
- Saifan C, Glass D, Barakat I, El-Sayegh S. Methadone induced sensorineural hearing loss. Case Rep Med 2013; 2013: 242730.
- Jongkamonwiwat N, Phansuwan-Pujito P, Sarapoke P, Chetsawang B, Casalotti SO, Forge A, et al. The presence of opioid receptors in rat inner ear. Hear Res 2003; 181(1-2): 85-93.
- Nguyen KD, Mowlds D, Lopez IA, Hosokawa S, Ishiyama A, Ishiyama G. Mu-opioid receptor (MOR) expression in the human spiral ganglia. Brain Res 2014; 1590: 10-9.
- World Health Organization. Deafness and hearing loss [Online]. [cited 2015]; Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/deafness-and-hearing-loss
- Hearing loss: An important global health concern. Lancet 2016; 387(10036): 2351.