1. Forouzanfar MH, Sepanlou SG, Shahraz S, Dicker D, Naghavi P, Pourmalek F, et al. Evaluating causes of death and morbidity in Iran, global burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors study 2010. Arch Iran Med 2014; 17(5): 304-20.
2. Khazaee-Pool M, Moeeni M, Ponnet K, Fallahi A, Jahangiri L, Pashaei T. Perceived barriers to methadone maintenance treatment among Iranian opioid users. Int J Equity Health 2018; 17(1): 75.
3. Radbruch L, Grond S, Lehmann KA. A risk-benefit assessment of tramadol in the management of pain. Drug Saf 1996; 15(1): 8-29.
4. Tjaderborn M, Jonsson AK, Hagg S, Ahlner J. Fatal unintentional intoxications with tramadol during 1995-2005. Forensic Sci Int 2007; 173(2-3): 107-11.
5. Afshari R, Ghooshkhanehee H. Tramadol overdose induced seizure, dramatic rise of CPK and acute renal failure. J Pak Med Assoc 2009; 59(3): 178.
6. Leppert W. Tramadol as an analgesic for mild to moderate cancer pain. Pharmacol Rep 2009; 61(6): 978-92.
7. Deilamizade A, Esmizade S. Economic sanctions against Iran, and drug use in Tehran, Iran: A 2013 pilot study. Subst Use Misuse 2015; 50(7): 859-68.
8. Salehi-Isfahani D. Iranian youth in times of economic crisis. Iran Stud 2011; 44(6): 789-806.
9. Momtazi S, Rawson R. Substance abuse among Iranian high school students. Curr Opin Psychiatry 2010; 23(3): 221-6.
10. Fawzi MM. Some medicolegal aspects concerning tramadol abuse: The new Middle East youth plague 2010. An Egyptian overview. Egypt J Forensic Sci 2011; 1(2): 99-102.
11. Bassiony MM, Salah El-Deen GM, Yousef U, Raya Y, Abdel-Ghani MM, El-Gohari H, et al. Adolescent tramadol use and abuse in Egypt. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2015; 41(3): 206-11.
12. Sheikholeslami B, Jamali B, Rouini M. Tramadol,
usage, misuse, and addiction processes. In: Preedy VR, editor. Neuropathology of drug addictions and substance misuse. San Diego, CA: Academic Press; 2016. p. 407-16.
13. Dhesi M, Maani CV. Tramadol. Treasure Island, FL: StatPearls Publishing; 2019.
14. Bassiony MM, Youssef UM, Hassan MS, Salah El-Deen GM, El-Gohari H, Abdelghani M, et al. Cognitive impairment and tramadol dependence. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2017; 37(1): 61-6.
15. Nazarzadeh M, Bidel Z, Carson KV. The association between tramadol hydrochloride misuse and other substances use in an adolescent population: Phase I of a prospective survey. Addict Behav 2014; 39(1): 333-7.
16. Agrawal A, Grant JD, Waldron M, Duncan AE, Scherrer JF, Lynskey MT, et al. Risk for initiation of substance use as a function of age of onset of cigarette, alcohol and cannabis use: Findings in a Midwestern female twin cohort. Prev Med 2006; 43(2): 125-8.
17. Lee MD, Zhang S, Shi J. The wisdom of the crowd playing The Price Is Right. Mem Cognit 2011; 39(5): 914-23.
18. Okal J, Geibel S, Muraguri N, Musyoki H, Tun W, Broz D, et al. Estimates of the size of key populations at risk for HIV infection: Men who have sex with men, female sex workers and injecting drug users in Nairobi, Kenya. Sex Transm Infect 2013; 89(5): 366-71.
19. Bernard HR, Hallett T, Iovita A, Johnsen EC, Lyerla R, McCarty C, et al. Counting hard-to-count populations: the network scale-up method for public health. Sex Transm Infect 2010; 86(Suppl 2): ii11-ii15.
20. Johnsen EC, Bernard HR, Killworth PD, Shelley GA, McCarty C. A social network approach to corroborating the number of AIDS/HIV + victims in
Tramadol Misuse Estimation in Iran Nasiri et al.
Addict Health, Summer 2019; Vol 11, No 1 181
http://ahj.kmu.ac.ir, 06 July
the US. Social Networks 1995; 17(3): 167-87.
21. Rastegari A, Haji-Maghsoudi S, Haghdoost A, Shatti M, Tarjoman T, Baneshi MR. The estimation of active social network size of the Iranian population. Glob J Health Sci 2013; 5(4): 217-27.
22. Sharifi H, Karamouzian M, Baneshi MR, Shokoohi M, Haghdoost A, McFarland W, et al. Population size estimation of female sex workers in Iran: Synthesis of methods and results. PLoS One 2017; 12(8): e0182755.
23. Bashirian S, Barati M, Fathi Y. Prevalence and factors associated with tramadol abuse among college students in west of Iran: An application of the theory of planned behavior. Avicenna J Neuro Psycho Physiology 2014; 1(1): 26-30.
24. Ansari-Moghaddam A, Rakhshani F, Shahraki-Sanavi F, Mohammadi M, Miri-Bonjar M, Bakhshani NM. Prevalence and patterns of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among Iranian adolescents: A meta-analysis of 58 studies. Child Youth Serv ReV 2016; 60: 68-79.
25. Xu JJ, Zhang C, Hu QH, Chu ZX, Zhang J, Li YZ, et al. Recreational drug use and risks of HIV and sexually transmitted infections among Chinese men who have sex with men: Mediation through multiple sexual partnerships. BMC Infect Dis 2014; 14: 642.
26. Alinejad S, Zamani N, Abdollahi M, Mehrpour O. A narrative review of acute adult poisoning in Iran. Iran J Med Sci 2017; 42(4): 327-46.
27. Zabihi E, Hoseinzaadeh A, Emami M, Mardani M, Mahmoud B, Akbar MA. Potential for tramadol abuse by patients visiting pharmacies in northern Iran. Subst Abuse 2011; 5: 11-5.
28. Pourmohammadi B, Jalilvand MA. Tramadol abuse and its related factors among higher education students in the city of Damghan, Semnan Province, Iran. Iranian Chemical Communication 2019; 7: 415-23.
29. Bassiony MM, Abdelghani M, Salah El-Deen GM, Hassan MS, El-Gohari H, Youssef UM. Opioid use disorders attributed to tramadol among Egyptian university students. J Addict Med 2018; 12(2): 150-5.
30. Nazarzadeh M, Bidel Z, Ayubi E, Bahrami A, Jafari F, Mohammadpoorasl A, et al. Smoking status in Iranian male adolescents: A cross-sectional study and a meta-analysis. Addict Behav 2013; 38(6): 2214-8.
31. Eassa BI, El-Shazly MA. Safety and efficacy of tramadol hydrochloride on treatment of premature ejaculation. Asian J Androl 2013; 15(1): 138-42.
32. Abood EA, Wazaify M. Abuse and misuse of prescription and nonprescription drugs from community pharmacies in Aden City-Yemen. Subst Use Misuse 2016; 51(7): 942-7.
33. Javadi M, Ashrafi N, Salari P. Assessment of pharmacists experiences and attitudes toward professionalism and its challenges in pharmacy practice. Iran J Pharm Res 2018; 17(Suppl): 168-77.