- Larki M, Tafazoli M, Latifnejad Roudsari R, Shakeri MT, Babaei A. Assessment of perceived educational needs of damaged women in relation with high risk sexual behavior. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil 2015; 17(130): 21-31. [In Persian].
- Rabbani Khorasgani A, Ghane Azabadi F. Study of the experiences of women in prostitutes (Case study: Yazd and Isfahan cities). Security and Social Order Strategic Studies Journal 2015; 4(2): 49-68. [In Persian].
- Edwards BG, Verona E. Gendered contexts: Psychopathy and drug use in relation to sex work and exchange. J Abnorm Psychol 2016; 125(4): 514-27.
- Shokoohi M, Karamouzian M, Khajekazemi R, Osooli M, Sharifi H, Haghdoost AA, et al. Correlates of HIV testing among female sex workers in Iran: Findings of a national bio-behavioural surveillance survey. PLoS One 2016; 11(1): e0147587.
- National AIDS Committee Secretariat, Ministry of Health and Medical Education. Islamic Republic of Iran AIDS Progress Report [Online]. [cited 2015]; Available from: URL:
- Mostashari G, Darabi M. Summary of the Iranian situation on HIV epidemic. NSP Situation Analysis. Tehran, Iran: Ministry of Health and Medical Education; 2006. [In Persian].
- Madani Ghahfarokhi S, Raisdana F, Roshanfekr P. Female street prostitution market in metropolitan Tehran. Journal of Iranian Social Studies 2012; 6(1): 130-52.
- Brawn KM, Roe-Sepowitz D. Female juvenile prostitutes: Exploring the relationship to substance use. Child Youth Serv Rev 2008; 30(12): 1395-402.
- Malta M, Monteiro S, Lima RM, Bauken S, Marco A, Zuim GC, et al. HIV/AIDS risk among female sex workers who use crack in Southern Brazil. Rev Saude Publica 2008; 42(5): 830-7.
10. Lotfi R, Ramezani Tehrani F, Yaghmaei F, Hajizadeh E. Barriers to condom use among women at risk of HIV/AIDS: A qualitative study from Iran. BMC Womens Health 2012; 12: 13.
11. Herrmann ES, Hand DJ, Johnson MW, Badger GJ, Heil SH. Examining delay discounting of condom-protected sex among opioid-dependent women and non-drug-using control women. Drug Alcohol Depend 2014; 144: 53-60.
12. Booth RE, Watters JK, Chitwood DD. HIV risk-related sex behaviors among injection drug users, crack smokers, and injection drug users who smoke crack. Am J Public Health 1993; 83(8): 1144-8.
13. Des Jarlais DC, Marmor M, Paone D, Titus S, Shi Q, Perlis T, et al. HIV incidence among injecting drug users in New York City syringe-exchange programmes. Lancet 1996; 348(9033): 987-91.
14. Hall HI, Song R, Rhodes P, Prejean J, An Q, Lee LM, et al. Estimation of HIV incidence in the United States. JAMA 2008; 300(5): 520-9.
15. Tempalski B, Lieb S, Cleland CM, Cooper H, Brady JE, Friedman SR. HIV prevalence rates among injection drug users in 96 large US metropolitan areas, 1992-2002. J Urban Health 2009; 86(1): 132-54.
16. Tyndall MW, Currie S, Spittal P, Li K, Wood E, O'Shaughnessy MV, et al. Intensive injection cocaine use as the primary risk factor in the Vancouver HIV-1 epidemic. AIDS 2003; 17(6): 887-93.
17. Tran BX, Nguyen TV, Pham QD, Nguyen PD, Khuu NV, Nguyen NP, et al. HIV infection, risk factors, and preventive services utilization among female sex workers in the Mekong Delta Region of Vietnam. PLoS One 2014; 9(1): e86267.
18. Das A, Prabhakar P, Narayanan P, Neilsen G, Wi T, Kumta S, et al. Prevalence and assessment of clinical management of sexually transmitted infections among female sex workers in two cities of India. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2011; 2011: 494769.
19. Azim T, Bontell I, Strathdee SA. Women, drugs and HIV. Int J Drug Policy 2015; 26(Suppl 1): S16-S21.
20. Iversen J, Page K, Madden A, Maher L. HIV, HCV, and health-related harms among women who inject drugs: Implications for prevention and treatment. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2015; 69(Suppl 2): S176-S181.
21. Mirheidari M. The effects of theory based educational intervention on sexual behaviors of Iranian men with history of addiction [MSc Thesis]. Tehran, Iran: Tarbiat Modares University; 2012. [In Persian].
22. Navadeh S, Mirzazadeh A, Mousavi L, Haghdoost A, Fahimfar N, Sedaghat A. HIV, HSV2 and syphilis prevalence in female sex workers in Kerman, south-east Iran; Using respondent-driven sampling. Iran J Public Health 2012; 41(12): 60-5.
23. Kazerooni PA, Motazedian N, Motamedifar M, Sayadi M, Sabet M, Lari MA, et al. The prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus and sexually transmitted infections among female sex workers in Shiraz, South of Iran: By respondent-driven sampling. Int J STD AIDS 2014; 25(2): 155-61.
24. Perla ME, Ghee AE, Sanchez S, McClelland RS, Fitzpatrick AL, Suarez-Ognio L, et al. Genital tract infections, bacterial vaginosis, HIV, and reproductive health issues among Lima-based clandestine female sex workers. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2012; 2012: 739624.
25. Khan MS, Unemo M, Zaman S, Lundborg CS. HIV, STI prevalence and risk behaviours among women selling sex in Lahore, Pakistan. BMC Infect Dis 2011; 11: 119.
26. Wingood GM, DiClemente RJ. The influence of psychosocial factors, alcohol, drug use on African-American women's high-risk sexual behavior. Am J Prev Med 1998; 15(1): 54-9.
27. Jiwatram-Negron T, El-Bassel N. Correlates of sex
trading among drug-involved women in committed intimate relationships: A risk profile. Womens Health Issues 2015; 25(4): 420-8.
28. Kassaian N, Ataei B, Yaran M, Babak A, Shoaei P. Hepatitis B and C among women with illegal social behavior in Isfahan, Iran: Seroprevalence and associated factors. Hepat Mon 2011; 11(5): 368-71.
29. Hail-Jares K, Choi S, Duo L, Luo Z, Huang ZJ. Occupational and demographic factors associated with drug use among female sex workers at the China-Myanmar border. Drug Alcohol Depend 2016; 161: 42-9.
30. Khodabakhshi Koulaei A, Damirchi F. Comparison of health-promoting lifestyle between prostitute women drug users and non-prostitute women drug users: A case-control study in Tehran. Nursing Journal of the Vulnerable 2016; 3(7): 59-71.
31. Inciardi JA, Surratt HL. Drug use, street crime, and sex-trading among cocaine-dependent women: Implications for public health and criminal justice policy. J Psychoactive Drugs 2001; 33(4): 379-89.
32. Brawn KM, Roe-Sepowitz D. Female juvenile prostitutes: Exploring the relationship to substance usel. Child Youth Serv Rev 2008; 30(12):
33. Hoffman JA, Klein H, Eber M, Crosby H. Frequency and intensity of crack use as predictors of women's involvement in HIV-related sexual risk behaviors. Drug Alcohol Depend 2000; 58(3): 227-36.
34. Tross S, Hanner J, Hu MC, Pavlicova M, Campbell A, Nunes EV. Substance use and high risk sexual behaviors among women in psychosocial outpatient and methadone maintenance treatment programs. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2009; 35(5): 368-74.
35. Mirzaee M, Jahani Y, Sharifi H. Reasons for inconsistent condom use found as answers to a multiple response question: A national survey of Iranian adults, 2013. J Res Health Sci 2017; 17(3): e00389.
36. Rash CJ, Burki M, Montezuma-Rusca JM, Petry NM. A retrospective and prospective analysis of trading sex for drugs or money in women substance abuse treatment patients. Drug Alcohol Depend 2016; 162: 182-9.